While you’re strolling around the shops at Legacy West in Plano, you’ll see a beautiful array of restaurants, such as True Food Kitchen. These restaurants are designed with outdoor patio space and made for relaxing and gathering with friends, family or even discussing business over a nice meal. The smells are delicious and enticing. It’s not uncommon to eat at one restaurant and later stop for a dessert at one of the sinfully delectable sweet shops such as Sprinkles CupCakes (complete with cupcake ATM machine, because …cupcakes).
The choices are incredible and vast. There’s really nothing that we can compare the way the Legacy West has been designed with it’s center on living, working, shopping, eating and even a stay-cation at The Renaissance Hotel.
What’s been created is as Plano’s Mayor LaRosiliere has deemed ‘the center of the universe’ is taking things up another notch with an even more creative and innovative was dine. Called ‘fast-casua: and with a tentative date set for October 30th of this year, Legacy Food Hall is changing the way we think about eating once again.
The brainchild of prolific Texas restaurateurs, Randy DeWitt and Jack Gibbons, creators of such growing concepts as Velvet Taco, Whiskey Cake, Ida Claire, Mexican Sugar and Sixty Vines, ‘The Food Hall Company’ and Legacy Food Hall will be officially called, is set to be a gathering space where the focus is on tastes of local Plano chefs and culinary artisans who will bring new tastes and experiences that will change and evolve as we change and evolve here in Plano.
Long story short, it’s meant to keep up with our city’s food scene acting as both an experimental kitchen and an incubator for up-and-coming chefs to get their big start on the local scene.
Check out the list below for a full list of the restaurants opening in Legacy Food Hall:
- Bar Main — cocktails
- Berrynaked — popsicles and healthy desserts
- Blist’r Naan Wraps — naan wrap sandwiches from Suze chef Gilbert Garza
- Carlton Provisions — barbecue
- Degenhardt’s Brat Haus — bratwursts from German-born sausage maker Joshua Degenhardt.
- Détour — wine and tapas
- Everett and Elaine — desserts
- FAQs — flautas and quesadillas
- Forno Nero — wood-fired pizzas
- FreshFin Poké Co. — Poke bowls
- Glazed Donut Works — doughnuts, including the famous doughnut grilled cheese sandwich
- Good View — second-floor beer hall
- Haute Sweets Patisserie — macarons and more sweet treats
- Idol Time Tiki Bar — tiki cocktails
- Juice Bar — fresh-pressed juices and smoothies
- Knife Burger — Chef John Tesar’s fast casual burger joint
- Lime & Lager — bar that will focus on beer and margaritas
- Press Waffle Co. — decadently topped Belgian waffles
- Red Stix Yakitori & Banh Mi — Chef Uno Immanivong’s new spot for quick-serve sandwiches and meat on sticks
- Roots Chicken Shak — Fried chicken
- Salt & Season Rotisserie — Fancy sandwiches
- Sea Breeze Lobsta’ and Chowda’ House — East Coast style lobster rolls and seafood dishes
- Shawarma Bar — Kuwaiti-style shawarma
- Stillhouse — a cocktail bar sponsored by Tito’s Handmade Vodka
- Tacos Patron — street tacos
- Whisk & Eggs — Crepes and French breakfast dishes from Whisk Crepe Cafe’s Julien Eelsen
- Unlawful Assembly Brewing Company — on-site brewery with tap room