Plano, Texas is located just north of Dallas and has been dubbed, ‘The City of the Future’. That’s no small boast, but just take a look at these stats and you’ll see that this city has many reasons to be proud and has earned its title.
According to the Mayor LaRosiliere’s and the City of Plano’s website (https://www.plano.gov/31/Living-In-Plano), here are the accreditations and accolades so far this year:
- SmartAsset’s ranks Plano the 7th Best City in the USA.
- Plano earns Keep America Beautiful’s President’s Circle Award.
- SmartAsset’s ranks Plano #7 in the Best Cities of 2016.
- WalletHub ranks Plano the Second Best City for Jobs in America.
- Plano has been ranked as one of the “2017 Best Cities for New Grads”.
- Plano Texas makes “Top 10 Best Cities for Keeping Your New Year’s Resolutions”.
Now add to those these awards that we found on the website for Legacy West (http://legacywest.com/location/):
- Voted “Best place to live in the Western United States” by CNN Money
- Named “America’s Safest City” Forbes
- 4 STAR Community rating based on prosperity, environmental responsibility and quality of life
- Home to nearly 25,000 new jobs in the last five years. Toyota, JCPenney, FritoLay and FedEx all call Plano home
- Ranked # 2 on list of “Best cities for families” by Livability
- One of the highest high school graduation rates and 10th best public schools in the country
- Ranked in the top ten as best places for first-time home buyers by WalletHub
- Listed as one of three best markets for renters by Apartment List
We McCoys couldn’t be more proud of the city we call home and we invite you to give Plano, Texas a chance and see for yourself why the ‘City of the Future’ can help make your future a very bright one.