Get ready because Plano Texas because Legacy West is home to the next big thing in eating out. Inspired by concepts in Europe, food halls have become one of the hottest national dining trends. They bring together a collection of restaurateurs, each of whom creates fantastic food in his or her own little stall.
Named Legacy Hall – it will be three stories, with about 55,000 square feet — the size of a large supermarket — dedicated to the food hall portion. More than 20 innovative vendors will serve up an eclectic array of fast-casual, artisanal foods in food stalls on the first floor. A fast-casual restaurant and terrace on the second floor will overlook a large live music stage and beer garden, and an on-site craft brewery and taproom will comprise the third floor.
The developers have traveled to visit many of the great food halls including ones in New York and Amsterdam and they have seen the benefits of creating a beautiful structure, filling it with top restaurants and acquiring some of the best chefs in the business. Add to that the fact that the fair is mostly local and you have a win-win of epic proportions.
Several award-winning chefs have already announced commitments to open a food stall at Legacy Hall, including:
- John Tesar, owner of Knife
- Matthew McCallister, owner of FT33
- Andrew Chen, owner of Monkey King Noodle Company
- Robert and Kaci Lyford, owners of Patina Green
- Chef Gilbert Garza, owner of Suze, and Mark Brezinski, founder of Pei Wei and Bengal Coast
- Yaser Khalaf, owner of Baboush and Medina
- Misery Loves Company restaurant group, owner of Proof + Pantry and Madrina
- John Franke, of Front Burner Restaurants
- Uno Immanivong, of Chino Chinatown
- Anastasia Quinones, of Alma and Komali
- Press Waffle Co.
- Larry Williams, of Amberjax
Clientele for Legacy Hall includes West Plano residents, customers of the high-end shopping center, guests at the Renaissance Hotel and people who are working at Legacy West; including Toyota, Liberty Mutual, Fed Ex and Chase.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.