This weekend, grab your daughters and their friends and head to Fabletics where Demi Lovato is scheduled to appear and sign autographs (with purchase of $50 or more at the store). She is scheduled to appear this Saturday, September 9th from 1-3 pm.
Lovato has some deep roots in Texas. She was born in Dallas, Texas to Patrick Lovato and Dianna (Née Hart). She is of Hispanic, Irish and Italian descent. She has two sisters: Dallas Lovato, who is also an actress and singer and is five years older than Demi; and Madison DeLaGarza her half-sister, who is ten years younger than Demi. Her mother, Dianna Hart, was a Dallas Cowboys Cheerleader and country recording artist; her father, Patrick, moved to New Mexico after their marriage ended in 1994. He suffered some health problems and rarely sees Demi. But, the father and daughter saw each other for the first time in four years with a surprise visit in February 2008 by Demi.
She also has her own line of clothing at Fabletics, which pretty much explains her appearance here.
Demi Lovato started acting at the age of six, when she landed her first series regular role as Angela on Barney & Friends, there she met her best friend, Selena Gomez. As time went on Lovato pursued her singing and instrumental career, and she guest starred on Prison Break, Split Ends (pilot) and Just Jordan. In January 2007 she landed a series regular role as Charlotte Adams on the Disney Channel original short series As the Bell Rings, which premiered on August 26, 2007 during Disney’s Back-to-School special night. She will soon be starring in a new Disney Channeloriginal series called Welcome to Holliwood that begins production in September 2008. Lovato also stars in the Disney Channel Original Movie Camp Rock as Mitchie Torres, which premiered on June 20, 2008. She is a singer and songwriter as well as a musician, playing guitar and piano since the age of eleven.
Lovato had opened for the Jonas Brothers on their summer 2008 Burning Up Tour. She also attended the Disney Channel Games 2008 in spring.
Her good friends, the Jonas Brothers, have also written songs along with Lovato for her debut album, according to USA Today. Lovato covered the Academy Award nominated song “That’s How You Know” from Enchanted on DisneyMania 6. Lovato was also voted #2 Hottest Stars in BOP Magazine in September 2008.
Here are some fun facts about the actress/singer that will help you either win at trivia or impress any die-hard fan you might meet this weekend if you’re heading to Fabletics for shopping and/or her apperance:
- Demi is close to Camp Rock co-star Meaghan Jette Martin. They text each other all the time and actually spent last  New Years Eve in Texas together.
- On April 8th, 2008, Demi was put center stage before advertisers at Disney Channel’s upfront presentation at Legacy Recording Studios in New York. The theme was ‘the next big thing’.
- Demi says that before her kissing scene with Joe Jonas (in ‘Camp Rock’) she popped a mint in her mouth.
- She was born on the same day as Enchanted’s Amy Adams.
- She’s signed to Hollywood Records.
- Demi will be participating in the 2008 Disney Channel Games. She will be on the Blue team.
- Demi & Selena Gomez have a V-Log that they frequently update on their Youtube account.
- Demi was dating Cody Linley. She says that they had a kissing scene in acting class and they just started talking in the car for hours after that. Their first date was going to The Cheesecake Factory. They broke up because they both were too busy and now they are still really good friends.
- She has done an introductory video for ‘American Heart Association’s’ “Hoops for Heart” program.
- She is learning French.
- She loves pickles, cheese, eggs, homemade Rice Krispy treats, and chocolate.
- She says its weird seeing herself on TV.
- She chooses the computer over TV.
- She loved working with the Jonas Brothers, saying they are complete gentlemen and are the coolest guys she’ll ever meet.
- She says she and Selena Gomez when they were little would make Rice Krispy treats almost every day.
- She and Selena Gomez say they would love to do a duet together.
- Maria Canals Barrera (who plays Demi’s mom in Camp Rock and Selena Gomez’s mom in Wizards of Waverly Place) says the girls jokingly bicker over her saying things like “She’s my mom”, “No, she’s my mom”.
- Philly on December 16th 2007, stated that Demi could be the next Miley (Cyrus).
- Jonas Brothers Concerts She Has Attended: (Minneapolis on Thursday, February 21st, 2008 & March 2nd, 2008 in Cajun Dome).
- She attended her first event which was Chevy Rocks the Future on February 19, 2008. Her friend Selena Gomez was there and her Camp Rock co-stars the Jonas Brothers, Anna Maria Perez De Tagle, and Meaghan Jette Martin were also at the event.
- She loves poetry.
- She and her close friend Selena Gomez met when Demi asked her if she wanted to color with her while the two were at the audition for Barney.
- Hayley Williams, the lead singer of Paramore, is one of her idols.
- She hates rumors.
- She owns a Mac laptop, which she and Selena Gomez use to make their youtube videos.
- She said she chooses tacos over pizza.
- Her first concert was a Britney Spears concert.
- She says her Camp Rock co-stars have become very close friends to her.
- She and Selena Gomez have matching guitar pick necklaces.
- Her celebrity crush is William Beckett from the band The Academy Is.
- She loves the band Paramore.
- She loves shopping.
- She has a necklace that says ‘True Love Waits’. Her friend Selena Gomez has a purity ring that says the exact same thing.
- She and her very close friend Selena Gomez have a handshake they have been doing for eight years now.
- She is not, nor has not ever, dated a Camp Rock co-star.
- Demi is of Hispanic, Irish, and Italian descent.
- She says her role model is Kelly Clarkson.
- She says she’s looking forward to getting to drive in 2008.
- She took part in Disney Channel’s Happy U Year which was a celebration to kick off 2008.
- She was mention in an article on people.com on who will be the next biggest tween stars.
- Her song ‘Shadow’ was performed on As The Bell Rings (episode: TALENT SHOW). She performed it as her character Charlotte and it was a duet with Danny (Tony Oller).
- She likes to buy most of her clothes from Forever 21 and her shoes from Aldo.
- She will have an offical website up soon.
- Demetria means “Goddess of Fertility” and is of Greek origin.
Devonne is of English origin and means “Divine”.
- She is very good friends with her As The Bell Rings co-stars.
- She currently lives in California.
- She has brown hair and brown eyes.
- She has covered the song “I Can Only Imagine” by Mercy Me.
- She is homeschooled.
- Her Chinese Zodiac sign is the Sheep.
- Her zodiac sign is Leo.
- She has an older sister, Dallas who is 20 and a younger sister Madison who is five.
- She can play the drums, as well as the guitar and piano.
- According to her myspace profile, her influence is love.
- Her agent’s name is Mitchell Gossett.
- Her height is 5’2″ and she weighs 100 pounds.
- Her song ‘Moves Me’ is featured on the dance instructional video ‘Off Da Hook: Hip-Hop F-Troop Style’.
- She’s written songs titled ‘Ride’, ‘Mirror, Mirror’, ‘Not Yet’, and ‘Moves Me’.
- Demi has performed in Nellis Air Force Base, Las Vegas, Nevada on October 16, 2004.
- Demi has studied piano, voice, guitar, songwriting, and hip hop dancing.
- She is best friends with her Barney co-star Selena Gomez and Jennifer Stone.
- Demi has worked with Ashlee Simpson, Ricky Ullman, Christina Millian, Bubba Sparxxx, T-Bad, Selena Gomez, Abercrombie Models and Billy the Kidd.
- She has been performing since age 5.
- Demi has a myspace.com profile.
- Her mom is Dianna Lovato. She was a Dallas Cowboys Cheerleader during the 1983-84 season, and was once a country recording artist.