The first store to open in the Shops of Legacy at Legacy West is the highly anticipated West Elm, a division of Williams-Sonoma Inc. This retailer has a very community-minded approach to its inventory. West Elm is known for its home goods, everything from sofas to bedding and vases.
The store comes to Plano with a single goal – expressing a customer’s personal style through organic, handcrafted, sustainably-sourced and Fair Trade Certified Products. Over 90% of their products are exclusive to the store and designed in house. The store has a tradition of offering space for local artisans to show their work. The Plano locations is currently supporting nine Texas-based artisans through the West Elm LOCAL program which embraces local makers but also gives them a showcase for their goods and a way to build their own brand.
So when you find that perfect home, you can head on over to West Elm to buy the perfect decor for you home from local artists that tells a story and supports the local economy. We McCoys really believe that supporting the local economy with great products for consumers is a win win for everyone.
Here’s a list of the Texas artists that are signed on right now at West Elm:
● Belle & Union Co.: Vintage American kitchen wares and decorative tea towels made by a couple in College Station, TX.
● Boyd’s Farm: Natural, organic bath and body products handmade by U.S. Air Force veteran Katherine Couron in San Antonio, TX.
● Gaston Made: Modern wooden coaster sets in vibrant colors from Dallas, TX.
● Hemlock & Heather: Texas-shaped wall hangings made from 100 percent reclaimed materials in Austin, TX.
● Leah Duncan: Abstract prints inspired by Texas flora made in Austin, TX.
● Lilco Letterpress: Texas-inspired postcards created by a design and letterpress studio in Dallas, TX.
● Little Wooden Penguin: Industrial-chic wooden cheese boards and furniture produced by a husband and wife team in Plano, TX.
● Mesa Blue Jewelry: Delicate jewelry combining textile, metal and geodes handcrafted in Plano, TX.
● Two Daughters Heirlooms: Sign and banner heirlooms made with pride by two wedding planners in Plano, TX.